Clear all

Education license for online learning platform

Posts: 2
Topic starter
Joined: 2 years ago


how about online learning platform ?

do i need to apply tuition license?

Topic Tags
3 Replies
Posts: 120
Joined: 3 years ago

Hi Kelvin,

Depending on the way you structure your business, you may or may not require an education license.

- If you want to offer Malaysia Embassy recognised certificates, yes, you need to register as an education centre.

- If you are running non-standard online courses like digital coding, design and other skill sets, you do not need a license.

- If you have an agreement with an Association or Body that will specially recognise your certificates, you do not need to obtain a license (since you are not asking the Malaysia government to recognise the cert)

We explain the differences in this article .

Interact with the community on our forum, see you!


Posts: 1
Joined: 2 years ago

Hi, I am planning course programs with certificates, and promote them on FB page. Do I need to apply for a business license for this?

Posts: 120
Joined: 3 years ago

Hi Jazz,

If you are not teaching academical subjects (meaning school subjects at primary, secondary, tertiary certified levels), you don't need to apply for education license.

You do not need an education license if you are teaching enrichment classes. However, if you are issuing academic certificates such as Diploma/Degree etc, you will need an education license.

Please contact us or WhatsApp +65 8483 3084 to understand more! :)


Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Preview 0 Revisions Saved