Malaysia’s growing economy and tax incentives have drawn many investors who have decided to set up a company in Malaysia. Whether you are a business owner or a professional seeking employment in Malaysia, it is important to understand the types of work pass available and the process for employment pass application.
This article will run through a deep dive into the conditions, requirements, and application process for employing foreign workers, to give some insight into our employment pass services.
Before hiring foreign workers, employers will need to consider several terms and conditions highlighted by the Ministry of Home Affairs – Immigration Department of Malaysia:
1. The foreign workers are only allowed to work within these sectors:
2. Employers must first obtain the quota to hire foreign workers from the Ministry of Home Affairs, One Stop Centre (OSC)
3. Foreign workers must be the age of at least 18 years old or above but below 45 years old at the time the application is made
4. The certified PASS for Immigration Security Clearance (ISC) can be retrieved at the source country based on this list.
5. The foreign workers must be deemed fit and healthy as approved by the medical centre in the source country based on this list.
6. The foreign workers must not be one of those listed foreign individuals who are prohibited from entering Malaysia under Section 8(3) of the Immigration Act 1963.