Business Entity Options in Malaysia
The types of business entities from which one may choose for the registration of a company in Malaysia are the sole proprietorship, partnership, and Sendirian Berhad (Sdn Bhd) company. The following paragraphs will explain more about the Sdn Bhd company and how one may be set up in Malaysia.
Incorporation of a Sdn Bhd Company in Malaysia
The process of registering a Sdn Bhd company in Malaysia is similar to the registration processes related to all of Malaysia’s other business entities. Before one may register a company in Malaysia, the prospective company owner is required to perform a company name search. This is a mandatory step. The chosen company name must be reserved for the incorporation process once it has been approved. The chosen company name will be reserved for a period of three months from the date of approval.
To register a Sdn Bhd company in Malaysia, the following are required:
- Company name
- Business activities
- Registered office in Malaysia
- Director who is at least 18 years old, not a convicted criminal during the last five years, not bankrupt, and either resides in Malaysia or holds any of the usable work visas
- Corporate secretary who must be a member of any of the prescribed professional bodies, licensed by SSM, or both
- Minimum paid-up capital of RM2
- Copy of all directors’ and shareholders’ Identification Card (IC) or passport
Duration of Each Step of Sdn Bhd Company Registration
Those who choose to register a Sdn Bhd company in Malaysia can expect the following durations for each step of the process:
- Company name search – within 24 hours
- Preparation of registration documents – within 2-3 days
- Signing of documents by all directors and shareholders – within 1 day
- Submission of documents to SSM – within 3-5 days
- Digital incorporation certificate issued by SSM – within 1 day
These durations are estimates; in some instances, delays may occur if SSM needs more time to verify the incorporation documents provided. It is incumbent on the prospective company owner to ensure that all information submitted for incorporation purposes is accurate.
(*Disclaimer – SSM shall not be liable for any misuse of information caused by the usage of any information from this website)
Company Secretarial Services
A company secretary is an important part of a business as it is the company secretary who will have to deal with regulations, policies, standards, code of ethics, and guidelines during the company registration process. At Paul Hype Page & Co, our company secretarial services will ensure that our experienced corporate specialists will not only supply you with our best practices, but also provide you with our full range of services including advisory services, statutory services, preparation of resolutions, and others. All of our company secretarial services follow the regulations stipulated in the Malaysia Companies Act 2016.
Why You Should Choose Paul Hype Page & Co
At Paul Hype Page & Co, our expertise truly stands out.We will offer you the full range of services to help you find your business success in Malaysia. As a leading corporate service provider, we ensure that your company incorporation in Malaysiais completed smoothly while fulfilling all the existing compliance laws and regulations.